before you read any further...

If you're trying to find my photography site, click here for peterdavisphotography.com.
If not, keep reading...

Sunday, June 1, 2008

a free car?!?!?!

On Friday, Sarah called me on my cell phone at work. Typically, she only calls me when something is wrong because I usually can't talk during the day and I don't get great reception in the middle of the farmland where I teach. It had also been a difficult week with Avery, so I could only imagine what she was calling about. At any rate, this phone call brought great news! Some friends of ours at church had called her and offered us a free car! That's right, I said FREE!

When we lived in LA, we got by on one car pretty well since Sarah could walk with the girls to several parks, the library, coffee shops, and stores. Our double jogging stroller was our second car! But here, she can't really easily walk anywhere except a small park in our neighborhood and some of our friends' houses. We've managed this school year to get by with one car, but it has been difficult especially when Sarah would have to spend 2 hours of her day dropping me off and work and picking me up so that she could take the girls somewhere! She's been a real trooper this year.

So back to the free part. I just got off the phone with our friend, and we should be getting our 1998 Volvo Station Wagon with only 70,000 miles on it sometime tonight or tomorrow! We just have to pay to transfer the title and such! God is so good in his provision! There is no way we could have afforded another car and we had actually prayed for a free car recently because we knew next school year would be an even greater challenge with one car since we hope to enroll Kyla in Preschool. We've seen God do some pretty wild things and provide in some extremely creative ways. I guess we'll have to put this somewhere towards the top of that list!!! The more He does things like this, the stronger our faith becomes that He will always meet our needs. I'll post some pictures when we get it.

0 comments: