before you read any further...

If you're trying to find my photography site, click here for peterdavisphotography.com.
If not, keep reading...

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

summer day 1

I accomplished quite a bit on summer, day 1. I started the day with some quiet prayer time before everyone got up...which has to be VERY early in this house! The kids got up around 6:15 and I got them settled with breakfast. I went right to emptying the dishwasher and cleaning out the fridge. I used to be pretty grossed out by opening all of the leftovers since we're pretty bad about leaving stuff in there forever, but now that I have a compost pile, I get excited to see what I can throw in there! I've enjoyed composting and it seems like it's going pretty well. I've got it in a 5 gallon bucket and if the quality of soil is correspondent to the smell, I've got some fantastic dirt going!! And it seems to really be doing well ever since Kyla threw in the 10 worms she found a few weeks ago.

Anyway, after the kitchen was settled, I got my coffee and sat down with the kids to watch Curious George...I still love that little monkey. The rest of my day consisted of finalizing my plans for building Kyla's bed, cleaning, playing with the kids, teaching Kyla to read, buying plane tickets for Sarah, shopping at Lowe's, watching clips of the Colbert Report online, watching a CRAZY thunderstorm, and napping with Avery. I'd say today was a pretty good day! Tomorrow, I have to go to the DMV...no complaints though, because I'm switching the title of our new-to-us-free-car into our names!

0 comments: