before you read any further...

If you're trying to find my photography site, click here for peterdavisphotography.com.
If not, keep reading...

Thursday, May 29, 2008

a little catching up...

It's been a while since my last post and life has been a little crazy! Kyla had a cold, Avery's eczema has been pretty horrible, I took Avery to 3 doctors in 5 hours, we've been doing End-of-Grade tests at school, I painted a bathroom, we rearranged the house, I balanced our finances, I planted some flowers, I dug up some dirt and laid down some brick pavers in the backyard for our grill, I finished my tutoring for the school year, we hosted a Memorial Day cookout, and we hosted our good friends Peter and Veronique Guy along with their three boys from Simi Valley for a few days! Whew, I get tired just thinking about all we've done in the past 8 days.

I'll try to expand a little on the important stuff above. Kyla's doing fine now, Avery has been very irritable and fussy as her eczema has gotten pretty bad again. I took her to the pediatrician yesterday after work to have some blood tests done for possible issues with her thyroid and other allergy-type things. She did fine except for the blood-drawing part. When we got home, I realized that she wasn't putting any weight on her right foot and she screamed every time I put her down on her feet. I thought she was just being ultra-clingy and that she didn't want to be put down so I was rather irritated with her. Then I realized that her foot was hurt and I thought it might even been broken or sprained! I took back out and went to the first urgent care who told me that their x-ray tech had gone home. The next urgent care was VERY crowded and we didn't get out of there until almost 9:00. Her foot wasn't broken and she was jumping around this morning like nothing ever happened...gotta love kids!

The good news is that our good friends Peter and Veronique visited us all the way from Simi Valley! They were visiting her mom in Atlanta and made the trip up Sunday night to stay with us through Wednesday morning. I was able to take Tuesday off for a 4-day weekend to hang out with them. It was so refreshing to catch up with them and spend time with them. They were always so helpful to us when we lived in LA and helped make us feel like we were with family even though we were 3000 miles from our families! We hit the pool, the park, went out to eat, and cooked out with Megan and Patrick on Memorial Day. I'll write more hopefully this weekend. I gotta get some sleep. Avery kept us up quite a bit last night and I have Field Day with 500 6th graders in the morning!!! Six more school days left!!!

0 comments: