before you read any further...

If you're trying to find my photography site, click here for peterdavisphotography.com.
If not, keep reading...

Sunday, May 4, 2008

getting back in the game...


After not having done much with photography for the past few months, I'm finally beginning to get back into it. The last wedding I shot was for our friends David and Noel in Los Angeles over Thanksgiving. I'm not really sure why I hadn't been advertising at all, possibly because of busyness of life and possibly because for a while we thought we might be moving overseas this summer.

At any rate, Sarah and I are shooting a wedding here in Charlotte next weekend, one I've had booked since last fall. Sarah has been my assistant for the last two weddings I shot which was quite nice. I shot my first several weddings on my own and after having help, I don't think I'll go it alone ever again! Sarah is a huge help, especially making sure I catch all the details. She also enjoys getting groups of people together at the reception for shots, which is not my favorite part. Her eye is getting really good and she's grabbed some great shots! The best part is that I don't have to pay her! :)

I posted an ad on Craigslist early last week and I booked another wedding for October! My hope is that I can get at least one photography job per month. I'll let you know how it goes! On another note, I had to cancel my website (www.peterdavisphotography.com) a few months ago because it was getting too expensive. It was nice while it lasted, but I just wasn't using it to its fullest potential. In the meantime, I've posted some pictures on my Flickr page and I'll be posting more as time goes on.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude, I'll host your site.