before you read any further...

If you're trying to find my photography site, click here for peterdavisphotography.com.
If not, keep reading...

Monday, February 11, 2008

My mom's middle school...

Our friend Megan's mom sent me an article cut out of the Richmond Times Dispatch about the construction of the middle school being named after my mom in Chesterfield County. Elizabeth B. Davis Middle School is scheduled to open in the fall! I tried to find the picture of the construction from the article online to post here, but I couldn't find it. At any rate, the article was mostly about rezoning and isn't that interesting, but you can read the press release that Chesterfield County wrote in2006 announcing the naming of the school if you haven't seen it before. I certainly miss her everyday, but I am so proud of her accomplishments! When we were in Richmond at Christmas, I was watching people pass me in the mall wearing sweatshirts of the local schools and I chuckled at the thought of next year seeing people wear shirts saying "Davis!" I am so excited for this school to open! Way to go Mom.

0 comments: