before you read any further...

If you're trying to find my photography site, click here for peterdavisphotography.com.
If not, keep reading...

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Kite Runner

Sarah and I got a chance to go out to dinner and a movie last night (thanks for babysitting Patrick and Megan!). We hadn't done both in one night in a long time. After a great dinner at the Greek Isles Restaurant in Uptown, we headed over to the only theater in Charlotte that was still showing the Kite Runner.

I started reading the Kite Runner last year at the urging of my good friend, Holly, in LA, but I never finished it. When I heard that the movie had come out, I really wanted to see it. Many people have never even heard of it, but I highly recommend you check it out! The movie is mostly in subtitles and it is a little slow in spots, but overall it was one of the best-written movies I think I've ever seen. It is a beautiful story of friendship, loss, guilt, and redemption. Holly, I'm going to have to go back and finish reading the book now!

0 comments: