before you read any further...

If you're trying to find my photography site, click here for peterdavisphotography.com.
If not, keep reading...

Thursday, February 14, 2008

huge miracle!


Many of you know of all the troubles I had transferring my CA teaching license to NC. EXTREMELY long, complicating, frustrating, and confusing story short...I had to work as a substitute making $85/day with no benefits for the first 2 months of the school year. My school district did retro-pay me for the second month, but I was left to eat that first month. I had begun to get over it until they shorted me again in January because I hadn't technically been a real teacher long enough to earn a fully-paid Christmas break (even though I had been at the school since day 1 doing the same job I am doing today as a "highly qualified" teacher).

Anyway, I hit the roof when I found this out and tried to get it worked out to no avail. So I quickly drafted an email explaining my frustrations and concerns to the superintendent of HR and got the typical, "let me look into it" response. All I was asking for was to get paid for the vacation time over Christmas break the same as all the other teachers. Well, this afternoon, I received the following email from the superintendent of HR:

Mr. Davis,
Information that was passed onto me shows that the State is recognizing your license for the entire school year. Therefore, I am approving for your salary, along with sick leave, and annual leave to be updated to reflect an August 16, 2007 start date.

It turns out that not only am I going to get that paid vacation time, but I am probably also going to get retro-pay for that first month where I got sub pay too!!! Praise God, because He knows we really need that money! I am so relieved that someone at the district level finally saw the absurdity in the whole situation and decided to make it right. Perseverance does pay off!

0 comments: