before you read any further...

If you're trying to find my photography site, click here for peterdavisphotography.com.
If not, keep reading...

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

wow...

What a night. If you've read anything on my blog in the past few months, you know that I am a happy man tonight. Do I think all is suddenly right in the world? No. Are all of our problems solved? Absolutely not. But you cannot argue with these election returns! No recounts. No lawsuits. No questions about shady voting practices. No wondering "what if." This is a landslide by definition.

I think the pastor of our church, Todd Hahn, said it best on his blog tonight:

Whether you voted for President-elect Obama or Senator McCain, know this - the world has not ended on the one hand, and the new era of perfection has not begun on the other. God is still in charge of mankind and nations and He is working all things to his eternal purpose. Focus on what is eternal, not what is temporal.


I appreciated McCain's concession speech and I hope his supporters will be able to appreciate the historical significance of the night. I also hope that we'll be able to come back together.

0 comments: