before you read any further...

If you're trying to find my photography site, click here for peterdavisphotography.com.
If not, keep reading...

Saturday, September 6, 2008

I couldn't help but notice...

I must say that I thought McCain did a much better job with his RNC speech than I expected. He kept his speech mostly positive. Palin's speech was more entertaining, but McCain's more dignified. I was disappointed by the demonstrators and at one point I started feeling sorry for McCain that the delegates were more focused on drowning them out than they were on him. I think the theme of the night was a little irrelevant...McCain is a war hero, Obama is not. I certainly don't discount McCain's POW experience, what a nightmare that was and I am sure that it had a lasting impact on his life. However, I feel like that's all I hear him (especially at the Civil Forum with Rick Warren) and his supporters say these days besides "Drill, baby drill!"

At any rate, the main thing I noticed was that McCain's entire speech was delivered in front of a giant blue screen! In case you hadn't heard, he gave a speech months ago in front of a large green background which Stephen Colbert turned into a challenge...make McCain more interesting by using the green screen to insert video. One of the responses is below from that challenge (you can see more on youtube). Didn't the RNC realize they were doing it again? Either this was a major gaffe or perhaps it was done on purpose for some more press time. Either way, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the blue screen. I'm sure Colbert will have a field day with this one Monday night on his show!

0 comments: