before you read any further...

If you're trying to find my photography site, click here for peterdavisphotography.com.
If not, keep reading...

Monday, April 21, 2008

crisis averted...

We got an email a few days ago from Sarah's aunt. It was an email she was forwarding from her mother-in-law regarding the sale of their minivan. It seemed as though they were looking to get rid of their Ford Windstar because they didn't need two cars. The email said that it was four years old, but only had 16,000 miles on it!

For those of you who may not know, we are a one-car family. Our paid-off Honda Civic is our family car and we've always been rather opposed to the thought of buying a minivan (partly a cost factor, but most certainly a pride factor too). People sometimes have a hard time believing we take road trips with 2 kids in our Civic.

The crazy part about this crisis, though, was that they were asking less than what we thought we could get for our Civic! How often do you get the chance to upgrade to a bigger vehicle for no cost at all? I flip flopped back and forth trying to decide what to do. Sarah and I talked about it. I researched it. I talked to my brother who is an expert on the topic (he and his wife own two). Finally, this morning I prayed about it (aren't you supposed to do that first?). I prayed for contentment and for direction on what to do.

We got an email a few hours later saying that it had been sold. Deal done. Crisis averted. No minivan for us...whew! That was close.

0 comments: