before you read any further...

If you're trying to find my photography site, click here for peterdavisphotography.com.
If not, keep reading...

Friday, March 28, 2008

I'm in the top 10...

I had another crazy dream two nights ago. For those of you who know me well, you know that Sarah and I are slightly addicted to watching American Idol. We start every year with the plan to watch the auditions, but get sucked into the rest of the season.

My dream began with me making it into the top 10 on the show! I was doing well and having a blast out in LA. Everyone knew I wasn't the strongest performer, but I got through on my personality and boyish good looks. Actually, I made that last part up. I probably had more of the gray-hair Taylor Hicks appeal.

At any rate, I must have reached my apex because I botched my next performance and forgot some of the words to the Backstreet Boys song I was singing! Looking back on it, I'm sure Simon would have blasted me on my song choice...why the Backstreet Boys??? In fact, if I got to choose a song from my birth year like they did last week, I would have probably chosen "My Sharona," "I Will Survive" (but I would do the version by the band Cake), "YMCA," or "Knock on Wood" which were all released in 1979. Man, 1979 really was a good year!

Back to my dream. So the day after my botched performance, I did just like any other contestant on American Idol would do...I went to church with my wife! We were walking around and I felt kind of down because I knew I was going to get cut from the show later that night. But then I got even more depressed because nobody at church even recognized me. I thought for sure that people would be coming up to me saying, "Hey! Here's that guy from American Idol!" Nobody knew who I was. Then I woke up.

It actually took me about 30 minutes to shake off the feeling of both excitement and disappointment that I felt in my dream. I guess even if I would not have gotten cut that night, I wouldn't stand a chance of winning against David Cook, who happens to be my favorite contestant right now. I like him partially because he does some really cool rock versions of unsuspecting songs like "Billy Jean," and partially because he reminds me of my friend Kip from Los Angeles.

1 comments:

Nic said...

don't feel too bad no one has a chance against David Cook.