before you read any further...

If you're trying to find my photography site, click here for peterdavisphotography.com.
If not, keep reading...

Monday, August 4, 2008

phunny speld wurds...

Being a special ed teacher and a journalism major in college, I have to say I really enjoy seeing misspellings in funny places. I have to laugh sometimes when students misspell words in their writing. For example, a student last year wrote an entire paper about how he "licked" a girl. It disturbed me at first until I realized he meant "liked." I really enjoyed Los Angeles where so many businesses were run by immigrants and they tried their hardest to advertise their services in their new language. Those provided some of the best entertainment. I have to say, however, that I am not a perfect speller either. Just a month ago when I launched my new photography website, I sent the link out to some friends for their opinions. A good friend who majored in English wrote back and said, "Pete - I like the site, but what is a potrait?" Unfortunately, photoshop doesn't have spell check that I know of and on my main graphic, I had misspelled portrait. It happens. But here's a good rule of thumb: when you're going to a protest, you should get a few people to check out your sign before you start yelling:

And if you're painting on a permanent surface such as a road, you might want to double-check yourself:

0 comments: