before you read any further...

If you're trying to find my photography site, click here for peterdavisphotography.com.
If not, keep reading...

Sunday, January 27, 2008

a roadtrip to Radford with a painful ending...

We loaded up the kids yesterday for a daytrip to Radford, VA about 2.5 hours away to visit Rosie (Sarah's sister), Jonathan, and our nephew Ian. Sarah's parents made the trip up to visit too. The kids did well in the car and we had a nice visit with everyone. Here is a shot of the kids playing together.


We made it home safe and sound around 9:30 and got the kids tucked in bed. Right before Sarah and I turned in, we plopped on the floor to stretch our cramped legs from 5 hours in the car that day. I was about to get in bed when I slammed my right forearm into the unprotected end of our metal bed frame! It hurt pretty bad at first, but it only felt like a scratch. Sarah's eyes bugged out when she saw it, though, so I figured it must be worse than I thought (I couldn't see it very well since it was on the bottom of my arm). We decided that I needed stitches since the cut was pretty deep, but I had no desire to spend my evening or $400 in the ER (it was already 10:45). It wasn't really bleeding and it didn't hurt too bad, so we put iodine on it, slapped on a large band-aid, I popped some Advil, we and headed off to bed.

I went to urgent care this morning and was scolded by the nurse. I discovered that when you get a deep cut, you only have 7-10 hours to stitch it up, or it starts to bond together on its own. So they glued it the best they could and sent me on my way. I must admit I was a little relieved because I about passed out when Kyla had to get stitches because I don't handle that stuff very well. Besides, now I should have a pretty cool scar to show off...so much for my watch-modeling career. I just need to come up with a tougher story of how it happened. Any ideas?

0 comments: